Thursday, May 15, 2014

GAIN Performance Record - Spreadsheets

The link to my Grade Book: http://dft.ba/-sarasgradebook

I found the experiences of using Google Spreadsheets to be very similar, if not more simple, than using Microsoft Excel. I know that my familiarity with Excel tremendously helped me with knowing how to use Spreadsheets, but they do not seem to differ from one another, other than the general Cloud and shared editing of other Google apps.

I agree with what Graham says, Spreadsheets can be used in Common Core, especially in Mathematics. I had never considered that Spreadsheets use of graphs, tablets, and charts could help students understand history, science, and behavior lessons.

Spreadsheets is a good way to show students not only how math works but how it can be done proficiently. Students can easily use spreadsheets to make bars & graphs instead of spending hours hand-drawing them.

Through the use of Spreadsheets, students can learn how to read and create graphs, tables, charts, and make them easily, as well as learning how math functions work and how to do them efficiently.

3 comments:

  1. Good, except that I do not believe I have a spreadsheet for your gradebook spreadsheet assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is at the top of the post: http://dft.ba/-sarasgradebook.

      Delete
  2. OK. I am not sure how your spreadsheet works - but you have worked with some forms.

    ReplyDelete