Thursday, May 22, 2014

GAIN Performance Record - Sites

My Classroom site is: https://sites.google.com/site/andersonclass2014/

I updated the classroom announcements with a few fake entries and included a calendar that displays these events. I also worked a bit on the reading list. Both can be found under the corresponding links.

Using Sites was definitely interesting and somewhat hard to understand at times. The instructions for changing the calendar were very difficult to understand and at one point I deleted the calendar all together with no idea how to get it back. Fortunately, after a bit of work I was able to bring in the calendar I had created.

Overall, it would take a good bit of work to get the website up and running, but once you do, it seems as though it has pretty easy maintenance and would be a great way to interact with parents and students, and have them interact with you. I'm sure it would be well worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment